Content SEO Techniques That Can Improve Your Website Ranking When Done Right
- April 05 , 2018
- 6 min read
SEO is one of the most important processes when it comes to website rankings and a successful internet marketing campaign. If you’re website isn’t optimised correctly or at all, it can dramatically jeopardise your website’s ranking on popular search engines such as Google and Bing, leading to less visitors, sales, and ROI. In reality very few people tend to search past the first page of Google. If they do, they tend to reach the second and maybe the third page before giving up completely, this is why it’s important for you to address your content SEO strategy if you feel your website is starting to drop in search engine rankings. It’s important to remember that SEO isn’t a once off thing, you need to continually address it and update it to ensure the best possible results. This expert guide will give you some of the top SEO content techniques that you can use to improve your overall website ranking when done right.
Content SEO Techniques That Should Be Considered For Website Rankings
Content is one of the key areas that need to be addressed when it comes to updating your SEO. You can create a brilliant website, however if the content is lacking then your website doesn’t have the potential that it should to survive the competitive online world of competing websites. In order to improve your SEO through content you should consider the following:
- Posting Original Content –Many website owners tend to make the mistake of republishing already posted content on other websites. This can dramatically jeopardise your SEO efforts. The reason for this is because Google and other popular search engines don’t know which duplicate content and website to rank the content for. Generally, it has to choose which one it believes is the most beneficial to readers. Thus your rankings will be affected. Instead it’s always best to publish original content that no one else has. This include original presentations, text, articles, images, videos, infographics and comments.
- Publish Content On Your Website First –When writing content, make sure you publish it on your website first. If you’ve already published content on another website, don’t republish it on your site, even if you’ve written it. It’s still classed as duplicate content.
- Use Images –When writing content such as blog posts and other articles try to use free to use images as this will help to improve your SEO efforts. Some sites include Fotolia, Pixabay, and ShutterStock. Some sites you have to pay for the right to use the image, but at least this way you know it’s free to use.
- Useful Content– When creating content, you need to make sure it’s useful to your readers. The content shouldn’t be posted just for the overall sake of publishing it. Instead you should research our audience, find out what they want, and write content that directly targets what they’re looking for. The content should answer the question your readers are asking in full detail for the best effect. Writing and publishing valuable content has a great chance of improving your SEO and website ranking than useless content.
- Headlines –The headlines should be catchy, engaging and interesting for the reader to want to click into. Examples of good and bad headlines include:
- Hidden Secrets Of SEO That Will Increase Traffic Straight Away
- Beauty Skin Care Product Reduces Wrinkles In Just One Day
- SEO Tips That Can Boost Your Traffic
- New Anti-Wrinkle Skin Care Product Now Available
- Format –The format of the content also needs to be addressed to help improve your SEO and website ranking. Content should feature:
- H1 and H2 Headings– These should be underlined, bold, or in italics.
- Whitespace – Blocks of content are hard to read. Always add an equal amount of white space between content to help break it up for easier reading.
- Paragraphing– Break up large blocks of text by using paragraphing. Paragraphs can be used every 5 to 6 lines.
- Images –Add high quality images to your blogs every time to help create a more appealing appearance to readers.
Keywords and Content
Keywords are an important part of your SEO effort and shouldn’t be overlooked. Keywords are just that, key words which are used by millions of people worldwide to search out something their looking for on popular search engines. When adding keywords to your content you need to remember that keyword relevance is much more important than keyword density. When incorporating keywords into your content you should consider the following:
- Use keywords in the page title or headline.
- Use keywords in the URL.
- Incorporating keywords in the page copy as well as variation of those keywords.
- Add keywords to the meta tags, description and title.
- Use the keywords in the alt text of the images when uploading to websites.
- Use the keyword as an anchor text with backlinks to another relevant page on your website.
To find the best possible keywords for your content you shouldn’t just limit your search to Google Keyword Planner. There are other keyword tools that can be used to help with broadening your keyword search. These include, but isn’t limited to:
- Keyword Discovery
When searching for keywords many make the mistake of:
- Not updating their keyword list.
- Not targeting the right keywords.
- Only doing one SEO keyword search.
These mistakes can cost you greatly. In order to get the best keywords available for your website and content you should consider some of the following:
- Don’t just go for the most popular keywords as these tend to be very high in competition because everyone is using them. Instead try to aim for the low to medium competition range.
- Don’t just limit yourself to generic keywords, be open to broad match and long tail keywords as these can open up more direct visitor interaction by limiting their search results.
- Make sure the keyword is relevant to your overall website, business, services etc. Non-relevant keywords won’t get you the results you’re looking for.
- Don’t just focus on how many visitors a keyword generates each month, you can still see profitable results with less visitors if you have what they want.
When it comes to SEO and content, there are so many different things that need to be considered in order to boost your website ranking. By knowing all the key areas to watch out for you can really enhance the overall visitor’s reading experience. Remember quality content is better than quantity, so keep this in mind when writing your blogs. Are you going to improve your content?
Subscribe to Our Blog
Stay up to date with the latest marketing, sales, service tips and news.